Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shameless Self-Promotion: Loretta's a Rita Finalist!

Saturday, March 26, 2011
While Loretta is content to stand modestly to one side, I will gladly trumpet her good news: her 2010 book, Last Night's Scandal, is a finalist for the Romance Writers of America Rita Award, in the category of Best Historical Romance. The Rita is the highest award of excellence in romance publishing, and the competition among published books is fierce. I'm delighted that a Nerdy History Girl is a finalist, and of course, it's completely and totally well-deserved. Congratulations, Loretta!

Click here for more about RWA's Rita Award.

16 comments:

Ana Farrish said...

Fabulous news, congratulations!

Vanessa Kelly said...

I was so thrilled, Loretta, when your name finally popped up on the RWA list of finalists. Last Night's Scandal is a fabulous book, and it deserves mountains of kudos! Best of luck in the finals!!

Karin B. Miller said...

Congratulations! Last Night's Scandal was my first Loretta Chase book—great fun!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Loretta! Everyone of your books is AWESOME!

<3 kendra

Mme.Tresbeau said...

Congratulations! Sounds like quite an honor! I enjoyed your book very much, and I hope it wins.

Rita said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS !!!!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for Loretta! Olivia is my favorite of your heroines and I was so happy to see her finally united with Lisle. "Take me to Egypt, dear friend." Perfection! In a fair world the top prize should be yours!

--Mary DiRosa

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Congratulations, Loretta. Good luck in winning!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Congratulations Loretta! I don't know how I missed your nomination when I looked at the sight yesterday.

Charles Bazalgette said...

Great news!

Penny said...

well deserved. i was rofl with delight. and I loved the heroine. nice to have one with brains. the hero was a sweetheart too not macho.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I absolutely love Olivia and Lisle.

Carey said...

Congratulations! I have not read that one yet but it is on the to read pile!

LorettaChase said...

Thank you, thank you! My face is on fire.

Jenny Girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is most excellent news. Good luck sweetie :)

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket