Monday, December 5, 2016

Holiday Gift Ideas for 1913

Monday, December 5, 2016
Gifts for 1913

Loretta reports:

Instead of a fashion plate for the 1910s (yes, we’ve come that far in the year’s survey), I’m presenting a few pages of the Ladies' Home Journal holiday gift ideas from their November 1913 issue.

I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t mind receiving some of these myself!

If you’re desperately missing the monthly fashion plate, here’s one from the December 1913 Delineator, with several more pages of fashion following.



Gifts for 1913
Gifts for 1913


3 comments:

Hels said...

You know what they say: we don't like our mother's clothes but we love our grandmother's clothes and adore our great grandmother's. You are showing 4 dresses from 1913 that look wonderful.

Cynthia Lambert said...

Okay, I'll take a kimono and a pair of slippers. :-)

Caroline Clemmons said...

Some of those look contemporary, don't they?

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket