Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Us!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Loretta and Susan reporting:

Today* we are one! 

That is, not us specifically (even if we are both Geminis), but our blog. When we began the Two Nerdy History Girls last year, we decided to write what we wanted to read, and hope that might be a few others out there who might like to read it, too. Turns out there are a great many of you: we've had over 100,000 page views, and our 250th follower just signed up this week. We're delighted that we've delighted you. Long live Nerdy Girl History, and many, many thanks for your support and your enthusiasm, your interest and your comments!

* We realize that there may be those who will quibble with this birthday, since a few posts in our archive date from earlier in the summer of 2009. These were our trial blogs, shared with a small, trusted, and indulgent audience while we were trying to figure out what the hoo-hah we were actually doing. We went live to the world on September 1, 2009, which is why we decided that was our true birthday. Besides, if the Queen of England can celebrate her birthday in June because the weather's better, we figured we could choose September 1. 

19 comments:

Keith said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girls.
Regards.

Christine Wells said...

Huzzah for the NHG's! Happy Birthday and long may ye reign...um...blog :)

Janga said...

Happy Birthday, TNHG! May you continue for many years to engage, enlighten, and entertain your followers.

Monica Burns said...

Huzzah, Huzzah!! Happy First Anniversary

Rita said...

Happy Birthday Ladies!
The blog is wonderful and informative and I love it!

Loretta, I just read my first book by you last week, 'Your Scandalous Ways'. I really liked it. I learned a lot about italian culture without even knowing it! I started classes today and in my Italian class, we were asked if we knew about the history of the word Casa in italian culture. (it was hard to hide my geeky smirk as I rose my hand, LOL) Can't wait to read more by you and something from Sus too!

Heather Carroll said...

Happy Blogiversary Ladies!

Marti said...

Congratulations Ladies!

I love seeing it in my inbox each morning. What a way to start my day!

Google id giving me trouble so I may need to sign this with my email.

Marti

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Happy Birthday to the Two Nerdy Girls!

Bearded Lady said...

Happy B Day! I am eating chocolate cake right now. I guess i should have another piece to celebrate.

Margaret Porter said...

Happy Birthday, ladies!
Thanks for sharing your erudition and your passions.

Finegan Antiques said...

Happy birthday ladies. A job well done. I can hardly wait to see what the next year will bring. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to some more good and unusual articles.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Well. Nice going, ladies.

nightsmusic said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

I love your reasoning by the way, for your decision on the date ;o)

I don't follow too many blogs through the friend connect thing, but I bet you've got ten times the followers through RSS readers.

But for you two, I'll google friend ;o)

theo

Jenny Girl said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ladies!
No one with manners would ever question a Lady's decision of when to celebrate her brithday.

Huzzah!

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday!!

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

Looking forward to the coming year...

Isabella Bradford/Susan Holloway Scott said...

Thank you, all! We appreciate so many good wishes. :)

Mme.Tresbeau said...

Many congratulations to you, ladies! Your blog is a gem.

LorettaChase said...

Thank you, everybody! We feel so fortunate to have found a community with whom we can share our obsessions and nerdy discoveries and incredibly silly videos.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket