Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Royal Bridesmaid of 1835

Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Loretta reports:

As I mentioned last Friday, today* Avon releases another bridal anthology, Royal Bridesmaids, from the same trio that brought you that other bridal anthology last year.  This time, Stephanie Laurens, Gaelen Foley, and I focus on the bride’s attendants. 

My story, "Lord Lovedon’s Duel," is set partly in the fictional Duke of Marchmont’s place in Kensington, a Jacobean pile I based on Holland House.  Last Friday’s video offered some glimpses of the house before it fell victim to the Blitz.

You can see some stereoscopic views by scrolling down here, and if you’re hungry for more, there are several 19th century descriptions online, including the lengthy one I made great use of, Princess Marie Liechtenstein's Holland House.
The illustration at right is one of many in the book.


*The print edition appears 14 August.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness this book will be in hard-copy! I still haven't bought or read last year's anthology, because I don't have a Kindle (and don't intend to buy one).

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket