Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A French Bed for 1816

Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Loretta reports:

Some of the magazine descriptions of clothing, houses, and furnishings are as charming and interesting as the items themselves.  This bed is a great example.  It strikes me as delightfully fanciful, and I like the way it's described as a balance between English and French taste.  I also like the options of decorating with more "chasteness" or more "gaiety."




Ackermann's Repository April 1816

Please click on images to enlarge.


                                                                                                                        













2 comments:

Quinn said...

Charming! I will now consider the following choices in home design decisions: augment? abridge? festoon? ;)

Shyanne @ French Bed said...

hmm..I do agree with you...It would be more beautiful by mixing two taste french and english..I love the antique style furniture..thanks for sharing


French Bed

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket